Simplicity has never looked so beautiful. The amazing combination of peach on the skin and heritage tomatoes of various colors, sizes and shapes makes for a sweet and salty salad that goes well with roast pork.
- cup thinly chopped red onion
- kilograms of ripe peaches, boneless and sliced
- One kilo of heritage tomato steak, cut into thick slices
- pound herb cherry or pear tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- cup (1 ounce) grated feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons small basil leaves or chopped basil
List of Hints
Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
Combine vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix with a whisk. Sprinkle the vinegar mixture over the peach mixture; mix well to cover. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.
Per serving: 75 calories; 3.5 g fat; saturated fat 1.3 g; single fat 1.6 g; Poly fat 0.3 g; 2.1 g egg white; 9.9 grams of carbohydrates; Fiber 1.7 g; Cholesterol 6 mg; Iron 0.4 mg; Sodium 156 mg; Calcium 47mg.