11. Bulgarian Split Squats
This one-legged exercise will help build a strong butt and improve your balance.
- Face 2 feet from a ladder, chair, or bench.
- Bend your left leg and place the top of your foot on the bench. This will be your starting position.
- Then bend the right knee and lower the body as low as possible. Remember to point your chest, thighs and shoulders forward.
- Press your right heel to return to the starting position. This is repetition.
Do 8-12 reps or 2-3 sets.
For an added challenge, hold a dumbbell in each hand during the Bulgarian split squat.
12 Reverse lunge
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and keep your hands on your hips.
- Transfer your weight to your left leg and take a big step back with your right foot.
Lower your right foot with the ball of your foot touching the floor and your heel up until your thigh is perpendicular to the floor and your right knee forms a 90-degree angle.
- Your left knee should also be bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Squeeze your heels and squeeze your glutes to lift your body back up to the starting position. This is repetition.
- Do 8-12 reps for 2-3 sets.
For an added challenge, hold a dumbbell in each hand.